Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

I could use a girl like you ... in my basement

So I haven't been posting a lot, because I've been busy. I got a fabulous job in the perfect city; some little old lady decided she wanted to move into an assisted living facility but didn't want to sell her gorgeous house so she's letting us rent it for dirt cheap because it's paid for as long as we take care of it. I moved and managed to sell two short stories all in the same two weeks and my husband is starting grad school in January. Oh, and I managed to lose most of that 40 pounds I've been fighting!

...

...

... OK. So actually, I still have my same job, same apartment, haven't sold any stories and the husband thinks he's sick of school after finishing his undergrad.

But I have been busy. Hacking up a lung, babying my carpal tunnel because it's two months before Christmas and I've still got a lot of knitting to do, working crazy amounts of overtime, and becoming addicted to "Lost."

*hangs head in shame* I know. All my preaching about the evils of wasting time sitting on one's arse in front of the boob tube, and I had to get addicted to a TV show that involved renting 22 episodes on DVD, + commentary, and watching them all in a matter of two weeks. I guess I don't need to tell you that the weight loss comment was bogus, too, huh.

However, my mother has challenged everybody in the family to a holiday pedometer contest, starting today. Everybody is playing except my skinny sister-in-law, who opted out, and I am bound and determined to win. Since I'm on temporary knitting hiatus and my lung capacity is starting to come back, I have nothing else to do besides walk... and study. Walking is more fun.

More later, perhaps including pics of a sort of ugly blue and green sweater that I finished but haven't yet posted.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Gina said...

* hugs to the long-absent Jo *

A lot of your recent life sounds familiar! We've been watching DVD's of the first four seasons of Sopranos. Talk about watching brain cells go down the drain. But I'm still watching.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|