Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Monday, April 30, 2007

Fitted Knits KAL

I've never joined a KAL before, because I never stick to patterns. BUT. Stefanie Japel's book is so fabulous (and I've had a heyday modifying her already fabulous patterns in the past) that I couldn't resist.

So, look for me here (unless you're one of my local gang, and you've probably already joined it).

I have two projects to finish before I can justify breaking out my FK-specific yarn to start my first project. Expect a sweater and a pair of socks to pop up in this space with a big "done!" checkmark before the end of the week.

When it's fall, baby, I'm going to be dressed to the 9s.

Had a great weekend -- hung out at The Weasley House and knit all day, after I went on an emergency koigu-matching mission with Jo. We'd had our day scheduled around the fact that we were supposed to go to Carmen's house, since she does live in closer proximity to the Land of the Koigu. But, alas, she first uninvited us from her house, and then, even after getting the triple smackdown from Gwen, Jo, and myself, she told us she'd come over and then totally ditched us for a boy. Hmmph.

But, because there was koigu involved, we drove out of our way and went shopping anyway. Jo survived my driving and everybody was happy. Shots of the koigu-matching expedition can be found here, and do not adjust your screen, the koigu I bought was actually that color of pink.

In other news, Jennifer Weiner is coming! Yay. :) Not only that, I know this because my husband found out from somebody in his book club who pointed him here.

How fun is that! Anybody want to come with?

Also - note to self, must collaborate with local crowd tomorrow night about who is driving to Stich N Pitch at the Royals game, and how many parking permits we'll need, because the deadline for tickets is May 7. Huzzah! Knitting in public. My fave.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:00 PM, Blogger Christine said...

I'm in. For the Royals' Game and the author's visit! Sounds like fun. We need someone to get a mini van in the group so we can all go rolling around together! We should have pulled out the pink koigu when it got dark, it probably would have lit up the whole porch! Can't WAIT to see those socks knit up.

How cool is your man? I've got to get everyone's phone numbers because I SO SO SO wanted to call you guys and do the "rrrrooooOOOOOmm, rrrrrroooOOOOOmmm, rrrrrooooOOOOommm....that's STILL the sound of nascar" message. Ah well!

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Jennifer Weiner is my hero. Her book Good in Bed is one of my favorite books and considering I read A LOT OF BOOKS, that's saying something. I'm so there!!!!!!!!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger dulcedosa said...

Et tu, Brute!?


I'll say the same thang I said to the rest of y'all....

DUDE! I swear to GAWD if y'all whine about me ditching y'all ONE MORE TIME! Somebody is going to draw back a nub. DAMMIT! *hmph* Can't a sista get a little somethin' somethin' every now and then. DANG! No tellin' when I'm g'on git some again neither. *HMPH* So, chew on that for a minute, mmmkkk. *pfft*
LMAO! :P

DAGNABIT!

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said...

OK! My first Fitted Knits KAL will be the Split Neckline Cap Sleeved Tee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|