Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Idle hands

I made a pair of girly gloves to fit my giant man hands, because such a thing does not otherwise exist: Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Basic glove calculations based on my giant hand size and a 4-year-old issue from Interweave Knits, with embellishments courtesy of Nicky Epstein and some Edgy Thing or other (like I can keep track). They have cute names like "ribbon candy" and "bubble wrap," and they make people poke my cuffs and squeal. Wool alpaca blend dk, the green has flecks of rust and the rust has flecks of violet, and is aptly named "blood orange." I wish I'd finished them (or started them) a month ago, but as this winter is NEVER going to end, I'll get plenty of wear out of them for this year.
I uploaded some pictures of our house and will post those in the next day or two. They're from Christmas. I'm a slacker. You know how it goes. :)

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:36 PM, Blogger Nomad said...

Okay, very cutie gloves, and wow! I love that sweater!

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Batty said...

Very cute gloves. Not your typical boring kind of thing, which is the whole point of knitting, right?

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

heh heh At least you didn't accidentally knit your middle finger a different color. ;)
They're great and I love your sweater as well!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Jo said...

Also: you and me need to have our great dyeing adventure someday soon. After March, I will have loads of free time. In the meantime, we should plan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|