Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

I was right. It was impossible.

OK, so when I said there was no way I was going to be able to say a couple of these goodbyes, I was overestimating myself.

It was beyond impossible. This was the kind of day that makes me want to vow never to get attached to anyone ever again.

My brain realizes that's a stupid thing to say, but my stomach thinks it's going to be sick in a bucket right now.

I didn't cry (in front of anyone; and you can't prove that I sobbed in my car all the way home). I'd planned a deliberately lighthearted exit stunt in advance to help ensure that I didn't make a big embarrassing scene, but I didn't remotely expect certain people to act like they were trying not to cry in front of me. That's just not fair. (And I'm not crying right now, dammit.)

I didn't make Fae cry, but I did make her sneeze - since our weekly knit/crochet coffee dates are a thing of the past, I bequeathed her a ton of chenille that I bought long ago and will never use. She said she liked it, but it's unfortunately tainted with cat. She opened the bag and exclaimed over the cool colors, but couldn't finish her sentence because she was overcome with a fit of ah-choo. After she washes it, though, it'll make something nice. Ironic that I got the cat from her in the first place.

|