Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Om shanti shanti . . .

By way of update: I spent most of Saturday in Westport, perusing and then sitting on my behind at Misknits while my husband did his record store and bookstore thing. Amber, I love you, I love your shop, I love all the pretty and useful and practical yarn, but I also love how I always feel comfortable when I'm in there.

Everybody go and give Amber some luv. And money. Because nothing says love like making someone's friendly, comfortable, welcome, and happy business prosper.

Oh, and before That Other Jo rips a new hole in me, my ravelry limit for the month expires tomorrow, and I've finished four pair of socks, so there should be a for-real update in a couple of days.

P.S. The "one skein of koigu" one up, one down ankle socks weren't, after all, doable in one skein, but if I'd had smaller feet they would have been. They are finished with non-matching yarn, and the colors are quite ugly, but the construction, if I do say so myself, is genius.

P.P.S. I've already cast on for another pair of socks, using some hot hot hot electric blue yarn I got from Traci Bunkers in Lawrence, never mind all the half-finished projects lying around the house (and the house itself, the cleaning of which is quite a glaring unfinished project).

P.P.P.S. Butternut squash ravioli is DELICIOUS.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

Can't wait to see the socks!!! I'm experiencing knitting ADD at the moment, mostly because I"m supposed to be finishing my neice's cardigan and I want to knit on everything but it.

Butternut squash ravioli is very good, as is pumpkin ravioli. Usually in a nice sage buttery garlic sauce. Yummm! I bought some wheat tomato spinach mozzarella ravioli to work.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger dulcedosa said...

Yeah, I've got the Knitting ADD BAD!
I know you've seen all the new projects on Ravelry. LOL! I'm about to cast on for those Twisted Tweeds in a minute.

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger Teri said...

Wow, that sounds a lot better than Chipotle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|