Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Saturday, October 06, 2007

I did warn you it was bright



Amber took this picture a couple of weeks ago at MisKnits' UFO Wednesday. I knit these one each on separate circs, toe up, one from each end of the ball because I was too lazy to split it, and kept going until I got to the middle of the skein, a la Lady and the Tramp.


I love the magic cast-on. It makes me happy. I'm not sure I love these socks, because they pooled in strange ways and, in all honesty, you've seen my wardrobe - with what will I ever wear these? Still, they are seriously comfortable. They're also rather tall, but I wanted to make sure that no part of my white leg was exposed to the camera, so I artfully arranged the cuffs of my pants. I did a modified twisted rib (knits were twisted, purls weren't) so it stretched wide between the knit columns, and also, as The Other Jo pointed out, I get ridiculously huge gauge on US 1s. The sock is a 54-stitch circumference.

Also: No idea who owns the tie-dyed Crocs. The cheap pink flip-flops are actually my shoes. Usually, on Wednesdays after work, I go to spinning class at the gym, shower, and then put on some amalgamation of what I wore to work that day before heading over to Amber's shop. That day I was too lazy to put my blazer and grown-up shoes back on, so there you have the flip-flops and slacks. We tend to invade Amber's shop (or, at least, Jo and I do) with all of our junk like it's our dorm room. (Sorry, Amber!)

I have two other pairs of socks I haven't photographed yet, but they may have to wait. I'm kind of addicted to a fair-isle hat I'm doing out of Lamb's Pride, and it's all I can do to get up from my Alice Starmore charts to take a ravelry break.

4 Comments:

At 9:53 PM, Blogger Christy said...

Are those Jitterbug? I think I am currently working on a pair of socks in the same colorway. How funny. :-)

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Anonymous said...

Are you the Jo that I loved from Oklahoma? Because she would NOT have picked that color :) They are cute though...totally my style!

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

They look totally awesome!! I love them. I think you should wear all black (something you do have) and those socks. Fabulous!

Gwen

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Teri said...

I really like them. They turned out pretty groovy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|