Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mesh and ruffles




Originally uploaded by sonnetstitches
There hasn't been much knitting, but there has been knitting. I've put myself on a new project diet, meaning that in between the starting of new projects must be the finishing of old ones, even the ones that are deadly dull and involve tens of thousands of stitches worth of ruffles around the edges.

The scarf is an example of what Two Windows Knitty Bits does if you don't use it for a sock: i.e., it's still pretty fantastic. The ruffle around the edge is also local, via Crafty in a Good Way, my absolute favorite local dyer. And no, I'm not bitter that her stuff is getting harder to find because she reportedly has a life, but I am sad. I'm also known to drop cash for it if I see it, which I do on occasion. Case in point, the Retro Redux Shrug, which is also dyed by Crafty Andrea. The fact that I happened to be wearing a green T-shirt to the shop the day that I took a picture didn't do it any favors. However, despite arguments from The Other Jo to the contrary, my rear end is not so huge that it cannot be cropped out of a photo taken of me from the back.

I love this shrug. I want about six of them. Our office has temperature issues, and an extra pair of sleeves for Random Air Conditioning Ambushes is a good thing to have.

I am this ||<-- close to finishing a vest/shrug thing and slightly further away from being finished with my October charity project for guild, which I need to knit like a maniac in order to have finished by Monday. Circumstances in my life lately have not been conducive to knitting or to concentrating, so I've managed to take days and days to bind off 170 stitches. I've got Gift Knitting to do, for Christmas and for a birthday or two (rare are the non-knitting people in my life who warrant hand-knits, but high on that list are people who have previously received handknits and are starting to fret loudly about what will happen if said handknits wear out from overuse and love).

In other news, we went to see The Yarn Harlot this week, which was fun, and my girl Cheekyknits is coming to visit me this weekend, which is even more fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|