Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Radio Nowhere


Lace wrap detail
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit




Some laciness in Artyarns sock yarn, with a ruffle added on in a brown and burgundy from our own local dying goddess Andrea at Crafty in a Good Way (heart, heart, heart).

I knit this while watching DVDs with my husband, so there are, I am afraid, a lot of mistakes of the I-just-did-that-row-of-the-repeat-twice variety. However, all of the vertical lines and centered double decreases are unbroken, so I'm hoping it doesn't look like complete hash.

The ruffle reminds me of a coral reef or sea anemone. I have half a ball of the Andrea yarn left, and it just happens to coordinate perfectly with a ball of Two Windows Dye Company (also local) that I bought at Misknits recently, so I'm halfway through making myself a tilting blocks scarf that will probably also have a big ruffle outline. Because I need another half-finished project.




This is for a relative who is graduating this weekend. Therefore, I have extra excuse to go home for Memorial Day and give it to her in person. I am also...

a) going to visit my grandma (hooray!)
b) teaching Cheekyknits how to knit a sock
c) probably playing tennis with my dad and
d) driving down south to have lunch and run around with some friends and former coworkers I nevah get to see, with the exception of one who's ditching us. (Long story.)

But... before that, I am going to see The Cure. Because I have the best husband in the universe.

And for that, dear friends, you must forgive me for being a crummy president and missing my first meeting tomorrow.

I'll make it up to you after I'm done rocking out.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Very pretty! You're going to the Cure tonight too? So are we! So excited!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Gwen said...

I'm totally jealous. You have the best husband in the world.

I'm going home to St. Louis this weekend and I have jam packed a ton of visits with friends and co-workers into it. I'm going to be exhausted by the time I come home On Monday.

Have a great time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|