Sonnet Stitches

Knitting, mostly. With occasional kvetching, lots of adventures, gratuitous cat photos and a healthy appreciation for the absurd.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Chimpanzee does the dancy-dance

Oh, look, Jo made another Barbara Walker stitch sampler baby blanket that's impossible to photograph from any angle that does the little textured house and windmill bits justice:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
ri
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And, because The Spouse insisted, a picture of me trying to look sexy while simultaneously attempting to hide my gut:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I'm not actually holding up the blanket because, as a knitting pal pointed out this evening when I finished weaving in ends, those bobbles over the door and window are strategically placed on one's chest when one holds up house-shaped block in front of one's torso. My friend did not actually say anything, mind. She just waited until the admirer had walked away from the table, took the blanket from me, held it in front of her own torso, and snickered. Point taken. Er... Um... anyway. I'm posing next to the blanket in the above photo, not behind it, and you're welcome.

Dunno if it comes out, but the house is a pretty neat trick. I'm saving the castle from the same book for a soon-to-be-spawned second cousin, whom if I'm lucky will be born on my birthday.

In other news, I might (maybe?) get to teach a socks class in the fall. So now I'm daydreaming up the most gorgeous pair of socks I can imagine simply for show-off purposes. I'll keep the pattern to myself a)because I want to inspire theoretical and potential students to Think and b)y'all know I'm too lazy to actually write any of my patterns down.

In other OTHER news, Baby A for which the turtle blanket was knit has entered the world with black hair and blonde eyebrows. I can't wait to actually meet the little bugger. I think I've managed to beat Baby B (gingerbread house blanket) into the world by a couple of weeks.

P.S. - the title of this entry is from a dream I had last night about two of my friends showing me an imaginary YouTube video and singing along with it.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 AM, Blogger aija said...

You've made some great blankets!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Christine said...

Hi Jo,
It was good to see you again last night stitching! I am LOVING the baby blanket, so inspiring! Got to run, just wanted to say howdy.
Christine
aka Knitting Virgin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|